Tuesday 8 May 2012

I'm rich, dammit

I have thirty euro in coins at home.

Is that weird? Basically what I've been doing for a while is throwing any change I have into this old nutella jar, and it gradually built up into this monstrous pile. So I counted it, and I'm rich! Sort of.

My fortune
The only problem is I can't really use it that easily. I mean, I can use up the twenty cents and ten cents fairly quickly, but I feel really embarrassed handing a big pile of coppers over to the cashier. You can just see their expression as they count it up. I'm a fairly confident person, but still, I feel really guilty for making their work harder. Anyway, I guess I'll just have to suck it up, there's no way I can allow myself to leave that much money unspent. I don't want to end up like my old neighbour, who used to get charity handouts and meals-on-wheels all the time, and then when he died it turned out he had thousands of euro hidden all over the house.

Other than that, I don't really have much news at the moment. I'm so glad to be getting holidays in a month's time. I feel really stretched at the moment, like "butter spread over too much bread", to quote Bilbo Baggins. Unfortunately, I will be getting summer tests, so I guess I'd better crack open the books pretty soon. Eugh. Right now, I just want to sleep for a month. 'Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment