Monday 30 April 2012

Musings and Music (see what I did there?)

In an stupendous feat of brilliance, my room has remained tidy for the last three weeks now. This is coming from a girl for whom "tidying" used to mean a three day fumigation process. I am really quite proud of myself, in case you didn't realise.

Part of it, of course, was the whole "no new clothes" thing. Instead of just constantly moving onto new things, I was able to focus on finding out which of the things I own look the best on me. I was recently able to gather up four full bags of clothes and accessories I no longer wear, and in the summer when I have time I want to catalogue my full wardrobe, and maybe get rid of even more if I can.

On the downside, I'm not so great at sewing, and during an overly-ambitious squat routine a few weeks ago I managed to split my school tracksuit bottoms. There's a big hole down the back now, and I've been wearing my jumper tied around my waist to hide it (The lining is intact so it's a little camouflaged anyway). Still, it wasn't one of my finer moments.... At least it's only four weeks till the holidays.

For my piano exam I'm learning Allegro Moderato by John Field. I do like it, and at least the timing isn't, ahem, quirky, like some of my previous pieces. It's just... the guy had big fricken' hands, dude! My left hand is always in spasms after practising. Field seemed to think that your street cred as a musician is measured in the amount of notes your hands can reach past the octave. Well, maybe it is, but all I know is my hands are in total agony right now, so I don't care how cool I am.

I would like to learn this song over the summer:


I really like the way it sounds all flowy and reflective, and hopefully this Yiruma's hands aren't quite so humongous. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment